- Heat a large lidded skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add kale or chard; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in broth and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add fresh rosemary and thyme when softened
- Top greens with cod fillets; drizzle fish with olive oil and season lightly with salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Add more herbs on top.
- Cover skillet, leaving some air space above the fish, and steam until the fish is opaque all the way through, about 8 to 10 minutes depending on thickness.
- While the fish steams, mix the parsley, garlic, and zest in a small bowl; set aside.
- When fish is done, remove from the skillet and set on a plate.
- Divide greens and broth between two serving bowls. Top each bowl with a fish fillet and sprinkle gremolata over the top.
2 cloves garlic minced
1 bunch kale or chard roughly chopped
1 cup or more chicken or vegetable broth
12 ounces cod fillets or other firm white fish
extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly to taste
For the Gremolata:
¼ cup flat leaf parsley minced finely
4 small clove garlic minced
1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
PREP + COOK TIME 25 minutes