half pound okra, about 10-12
2 eggs, beaten
1 slice of ginger, cut into match-stick size
1 small red pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon oil for stir-frying
1 diced jalapeno
salt to taste
pepper to taste
sugar to taste
half a tablespoon soy sauce
half a tablespoon sesame oil
- Bring a medium pot of water into boiling, cook okra in water for 1 minute, remove from pot, rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Slice the Okra into thick slices.
- Crack two eggs into a bowl, toss in a touch of salt, sugar and add about 1 tablespoon of water, beat the egg mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, pour in the egg mixture and wait until the egg starts to set, pull the egg across the pan, forming large soft curds (scrambled egg), set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan, sauté the ginger and pepper until fragrant.
- Add the okra, stir fry for 1 minute and then add in the egg.
- Season with salt, soy sauce, and sesame oil, cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate to serve.