1 teaspoon olive oil
1 package firm or extra-firm tofu
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Pat tofu dry and cover with an absorbent towel. Place a heavy object (e.g., a cast-iron skillet) on top for about 10 minutes to press out the excess water.
2. Combine all spices in a small mixing bowl.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet, add jalapeños, and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. With a fork or your hands, break up the tofu into small crumbles.
5. Add tofu to one side of the skillet and cook with the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
6. Add spices, stir, and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve with salsa, cilantro, avocado, or toast.