10 to 12 ounces spinach
6 large eggs
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup cottage cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar), plus more for topping
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” round pie dish.
- Place the spinach in a colander and let warm water run over it until it is thawed, about 1 minute (some brands take a bit more effort to defrost: you can also use a microwave if necessary). Then use your hands to squeeze out as much excess liquid as you can.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then stir in the oregano, salt, garlic powder, cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, spinach, and roasted red pepper. Add a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper if you like.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the top with a few tablespoons of additional chopped roasted red pepper.
- Bake the quiche for 25 to 30 minutes, until set in the center and golden around the edges. Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before serving. (Storage info: This saves well! Store refrigerated for up to 5 days: you can eat it cold, room temp, or re-warm it.