- 1 medium eggplant (cut into french fry shapes)
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs or alternative
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs (lightly whisked)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the whisked eggs into a shallow bowl and season them with a little salt and pepper. Place the breadcrumbs into another shallow bowl, add the parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs and toss to combine.
- Dredge each eggplant fry in the egg then the breadcrumbs and place it in a single layer onto the baking sheet. Continue until you have dredged all of the eggplant. Make sure to lay the breaded eggplant in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Spray the eggplant with olive oil cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning the fries over halfway through to get both sides nice and crispy.
- Remove, sprinkle with salt and fresh chives or parsley. Plate and serve warm with your favorite marinara.