About the Farm to Table CSA
The Farm to Table CSA is a youth and a local resident-run non-profit venture. Our mission is to make sure FRESH, locally grown and organic produce is available to all West Contra Costa residents. We only grow and source certified organic locally grown produce. This allows us to offer high-quality seasonal fruits and vegetables often times picked just a couple of days before you receive them in your weekly box.
SPRING (February – June)
In the spring expect chard, arugula, beets, lettuces, cilantro, parsley, potatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbages, spring onions, leeks, carrots, apples, pears, flower bouquets and honey.
SUMMER (June – October)
In the summer there will be tomatoes, squash, green beans, peppers, garlic, peaches, apricots, plums, and onions, flower bouquets, pesto, and jams.
FALL and WINTER (October – February)
In the fall and winter, collard greens, beets, kales, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, onions, oranges, apples, pears, and winter squash, flower bouquets, pesto, fresh tomato sauces, jams, honey, hand salve and herbal soaps.
How does CSA Membership Work?
We are currently offering 2 memberships:
- $35 per week – Pay it Forward Membership*
- $15 per week – Food for All Membership – Very Low-Income Residents (LIMITED SHARES AVAILABLE)
How the Pay It Forward Membership Works:
If you can join at the Pay-it-Forward membership level of $30, $5 of your membership fee will be a tax-deductible donation making it possible for a lower-income family to join the CSA and provide the fresh healthy food necessary for their family to thrive.
If you are a low-income family there is a limited number of Food for ALL memberships available for $15 per box. Everyone deserves access to fresh healthy food!
Pick-up Location, Day & Times
Due to Covid we are only offering one pick up location we hope to offer more as the pandemic moves solidly into our rearview mirror.
- North Richmond Farm, 323 Brookside Dr Richmond: Tuesdays between 2PM – 5PM
Delivery Days & Times
*If you choose to have your box delivered your delivery day will depend on your delivery location. To conserve fuel, we try to make deliveries in the same area, on the same day. #ClimateChangeIsReal
- Tuesdays after 2pm
- Wednesdays after 2pm
We currently use CSAware online store to manage CSA payments. This allows us to accept Debit Cards, Mastercard, VISA, and American Express and use auto-pay to ease account management for our members.
We also accept EBT!
- Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to use your EBT or SNAP benefits to purchase a CSA membership.
Become a Farm to Table CSA MEMBER
Please go to our CSAware portal webpage to sign up for any available subscription using the button below.
* Memberships are limited if a membership is sold out, please opt to join our waitlist and as soon as space becomes available we will contact you.
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at CSA@urbantilth.org.
Looking forward to growing for you soon!
Adapting to the COVID-19 Pandemic
We are also taking the following precautions to do everything we can to ensure we are being safe:
- We are establishing additional hand washing stations throughout the farm and packing area
- We are requiring all staff to washing their hand at least every 30 min while harvesting and packing CSA
- We are requiring staff to wear sanitary gloves and follow all catering hygiene best practices
- We will be extra diligent when we sanitize all CSA boxes and now sanitize twice: 1) as soon as they are returned and 2) just before we use them again
- All staff that even suspect they have been exposed or feel ill in any way will stay home and unlimited sick leave is available for all CSA and farm staff.
We are asking our CSA members to remember that the food in your boxes comes from the soil and people do harvest and prepare it for you, so please, especially now, make sure to wash your produce so that together with the precautions above we are doing all we can to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
If you have any questions or further concerns please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you health, strength, and hope through these strange and trying times,
Your Farm to Table CSA and Urban Tilth Team