Urban Tilth has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to manage and facilitate the delivery of
our 2023 Rudy Lozito Fellowship at the North Richmond Farm. The person who holds this position will
manage the development and delivery of a 9 month fellowship program centered on the training and
mentorship of 4 fellows in collaborating with our North Richmond Farm Collective. Urban Tilth’s Rudy
Lozito Fellowship Program is designed to support the development of urban agricultural, ecological,
leadership, employment and transformative life skills in Richmond and San Pablo.
The scope of this fellowship includes training fellows via hands on trainings, guest lecturers, local field trips in the concepts of: seasonal organic food production, seasonal orchard maintenance, community supported agriculture, no-till soil management, drip-irrigation installation, organic fertilizer application, propagation, pruning, food safety, food handling, food sanitation, food systems, community engagement, and other valuable topics.
This Program Manager will be responsible for managing and organizing the Rudy Lozito Fellowship
Program’s day-to-day activities from training and orientation all the way through graduation and end of
program reporting for their specific site crew. This position requires strong organization skills, a
background in education, tenacity, self-directed follow-through on tasks, attention to detail, strong time
management, excellent project and personnel management skills and a warm heart.
● Development of 9 Month Fellowship Curriculum
● Work closely with North Richmond Farm Collective to ensure the curriculum is a direct reflection of
current farming practices.
● Recruitment and Hiring of 4 Fellows
● Fellowship Orientation
● Responsible for disciplining and referring of fellows issues to Director of Farm and Garden Programs
● Referring staff for discipline to senior staff council
● Organization and scheduling of field trips to relevant projects
● Organization of Fellowship Graduation
● Ensuring the Publicity of the 2023 Fellowship Program through quarterly newsletters and weekly social media posts.
● Recording and submission of weekly site data summaries
● Tracking of Apprentice timesheets and progress towards completing required hours for program subject areas.
● Development of a Pre and Post evaluation for Fellows to track growth.
● Developing a feedback survey for Fellows to provide feedback on Fellowship experience.
● Integrate North Richmond Farm Collective into teaching roles during the program based on their
● Maintain a photo diary of all program work and regularly upload photos to DropBox and Facebook
● Attend ALL staff meetings
● Curriculum development and implementation
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Reliable, punctual and able to meet deadlines
● Proficiency in food safety, food handling, food sanitation, organic and regenerative farming, and food
● Excellent conflict resolution skills
● Experience working with youth of color.
● Proficiency in online social media, communications and Google Suite (Excel/Sheets, Docs)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Collaborative yet self-driven work style
● Comfortable managing multiple tasks and picking up new tasks as needed
● Experience working in Richmond, or San Pablo
● Comfortable moving around in North Richmond
● Confidence in one’s ability to lead and make decisions on behalf of the whole group
Compensation: $27.00 per hour
*People of color, and Richmond residents are strongly encouraged to apply
How To Apply:
Urban Tilth has a great team and we are doing great things. Check out our website: www.urbantilth.org
Send resume, references and cover letter via email to: email@example.com