Urban Tilth is excited to announce an immediate opening for a Free Farm Stands Manager. This full-time
position facilitates multiple weekly free farm stands in and around Richmond, CA. Working with a small
team of coordinators, this position will lead in hosting free farm stands beginning in September 2023 at
Crescent Park, UNITY Park, North Richmond, and Parchester Village. Urban Tilth Free Farm Stands are
designed not only to distribute food to community members, but also to serve as a hub of information
for Urban Tilth resources, and other Richmond resources. The Free Farm Stands manager will be
responsible for the training of a team of coordinators to prep, setup, host, breakdown, and perform
quality control over these weekly farm stands, along with ensuring that all farm stands are following a
food safety plan, conducting routine tracking of information on distribution, and documenting
Manage the following:
● Free Farm Stands 2023 Action Plan
● Free Farm Stands 2023 Budget Tracking
● Prep, Setup, Breakdown, and Quality Control of 4 Free Farm stands per week in North Richmond,
Crescent Park, The Richmond Greenway, and Parchester Village
● Special event free farm stands for: Martin Luther King Day of Service, Earth Day, and Halloween
Land, National Night Out.
● Training of coordinators, tracking staff hours, and scheduling coordinator professional
● Ensure that coordinators are on time, have vehicle access, and have all materials necessary for
performing their duties.
● Work with CSA Procurement & North Richmond Farm Collective to order /secure farm stand
● Work with community gardeners / and Orchard for All Gleaning program to secure additional
gleaned produce for Free Farm Stands
● Conduct weekly social media posts on Facebook and Instagram
● Complete all timesheets and submit all expense reports on a weekly basis to support funder
● Submit participant reports to Crescent Park Management at the end of every month
● File monthly reports before the 5
th day of each month for the prior month
● Deliver presentations at annual board staff retreats and strategic planning meetings
● Check-in with the HEAL Director once a week
● Participate in ALL-staff Urban Tilth projects, programs, and events including the Summer
Apprentice Program and MLK National Day of Service
● Attend trainings and conferences to continue to develop professional skills
● Attend professional development training as needed to continue to improve and update skill sets
and or expand knowledge of the areas of food, social, economic, and environmental justice in
which Urban Tilth works.
● Support and participate in all staff events, work days, special annual events, trainings, and
annual board and staff retreats
● Attend Urban Tilth monthly all-staff meetings, mandatory all-staff events, and annual board-staff
strategic planning retreat.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS
● Driver’s license with a clean driving record
● Food Handlers Certification (or be completed within first 30 days of start date)
● 3+ Years of Management Experience in the Food Service or Food Industry
● 3+ Years of experience managing a small team in the food service industry.
● 3+ Years of experience using Google Drive suite (Docs, Sheets, PPT)
● Comfortable and experienced with working with Richmond residents and stakeholders
● Experience with community outreach and engagement strategies such as marketing,
canvassing, and social media engagement
● Strong facilitation skills and experience coordinating a small team
● Experience working with racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse organizations
and urban communities.
● Excellent ability to engage and move fluidly between diverse customer audiences
● Goal-oriented with strong attention to detail.
● Team player who demonstrates willingness and enthusiasm to step into a leadership role
● Strong organizational skills include record-keeping, data entry, planning, filing, managing
schedules, and email.
● Strong computer skills (Google Suite, Excel, Eventbrite, Constant Contact, e-mail,
Internet research, and social media platforms)
● Willingness and ability to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary for special
● Dedication to food, social, environmental, and economic justice.
This is a full-time hourly position at $30.00 per hour that includes paid time off including sick leave,
vacation, holidays, and winter break, as well as annual wellness fund resources, capacity building fund,
medical, dental, and life insurance after 60-day probationary period
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and salary expectations to email@example.com with the
subject heading “Urban Tilth Free Farm Stands Manager” or send requested materials by mail to Urban
Tilth, 323 Brookside Dr Richmond, CA 94801.
Urban Tilth strongly encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds from Richmond to apply.
The position will remain open until filled.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
ABOUT URBAN TILTH
Urban Tilth cultivates agriculture in West Contra Costa County to help our community build a more
sustainable, healthy, and just food system. We work with residents, schools, community-based
organizations, government agencies, businesses, and individuals to develop the capacity to produce 5%
of our own food supply. Since its founding in 2006, Urban Tilth has emerged as a local leader and catalyst of integrative food and community-focused efforts.
Staffed by residents and drawing on principles of agroecology, community leadership, and youth
development, we teach, farm, forage, train, and employ residents to increase our community’s food
self-sufficiency. We strongly believe that under-served communities have the potential to solve our own
problems if given real opportunities to obtain adequate resources, quality education, meaningful
employment and real leadership pathways. All of our programs use individual, youth and community
development models as strategies to empower our residents to solve food justice challenges in West
Contra Costa County.